Sunday, April 11, 2010

Refiners Fire

March 31st 2010


Hola!!!

I just got back from the temple with my companions and 4 other sisters who we've become pretty good friends with since being here. Can I just tell you how much I love the temple! The spirit is so strong there and today I could really feel your love for me and was comforted in knowing that our family can be together forever! What a blessing this is! And it is in part why I am going out to serve the Lord so that other families can be together forever too!

Wow! My testimony truly has grown immensly since I have been here! Every day, I learn something new about the gospel and my confidence begins to wax stronger in the Lord with each passing day. With my calling as Coordinating Sister, I am learning how to be an effective leader and to lead by example. I love my calling and today we are getting 3 new sisters in our branch so I get to go around with all the Zone Leaders to welcome and orient the new district coming in today! My district is bomb! I already told you guys how much I love my comps, but the Elders in my district are amazing too! 2 of them, Elder Schwaneveldt and Nelson are going to my same mission and just got called to be the new zone leaders for our branch! Its amazing and we are so blessed that they are here and they honor their priesthood.

Today while in the temple waiting for the session to start I cam upon this scripture. 1 Nephi 20:10 "For behold, I have refinded thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." Wow! This scripture stood out to me so profoundly. I really do feel like I am going through a refiners fire right now and I have felt that throughout my life. Through all my trials, I have been prepared to be where I am at right now in my life and at this present day...I am still going through the refining process and being molded by the Lords hands to be the best missionary I can be. I have full faith in this and I'm so grateful for the experiences I have had throughout my life that have taught me the importance of relying on our Savior no matter what! Although at times our faith may be shaken, trust me mine has many times, we can still put our Trust in God and not fear. Pressing forward with a firm steadfastness in Christ and a perfect brightness of hope. I know these things to be true and I try to emulate this in my every day life.

Conference is this weekend and I am soooooo EXCITED! Although I wont be getting the pleasure of sitting comfortably at home in the living room on the couches with you guys this year, I am excited to hear the words inspired of God from Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. Their words are like modern day scripture for us, to help lead and guide us throughout our lives, and especially through times of difficulty or when we are struggling to know which path to take at a fork in the road. I know I received personal revelation during conference 2 years ago, that I was needed closer to home and the bball was the end of road for me. I was needed elsewhere, and since then I have witnessed many of the reasons why I was meant to be home for the last year and a half. A big part of that was it lead me to discover that I needed to serve a mission. I know that I am in the right place at the right time in my life right now! This is witnessed to me every single day through the Holy Ghost and the love I feel from my Savior and Heavenly Father.

The language is coming...slowly but surely. The learning curve is huge here and already I;ve learned so much but I know that it isnt all going to come over night. I just found out the my comps are leaving a wk before me :( boo! Not too happy about that but I will prevail. My expected departure date is May 17, so just about a week before my bday.

With lots of love always!

Love,

Sister V


oh and remember fam and friends...DearElder.com works wonders. Its free and prints out as same day delivery! I can only write on Wednesdays but its been so good to hear from you all throughout the week! Love you all so much!

The Church is True :)

No comments:

Post a Comment