Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is the Last Dispensation

April 28th 2010

Week 6! and counting! I cannot believe I leave in 20 days to the mission field! I am getting so excited to get out there and to do work! It hit me a few days ago, that I've been here for so long and I am starting to get a little ancy (however you spell that). I'm grateful for the time I have here though to learn as much as I possibly can with the language and in the gospel. I have learned so much. Last week we taught all our lessons in Spanish, and from this point on we are going to be teaching solomente en espanol. Its is hard but I have learned aton. Our district has set a goal to have English fasts every day from 1130 to 430 and all day on Monday. So far its been going pretty good, but there is always room for improvement. I've noticed how I can now comprehend alot of what people are saying, even natives, but its the speaking part that is taking a little bit longer for me. It is coming though, and that is exciting to see the growth I've been able to gain. My confidence is waxing strong in the Lord and I know that through Him all things are possible.

Well, my thoughts are kinda scattered at the moment I'm not really sure what to say. All the days here seem to run together. I feel so blessed to be able to have spiritual experiences EVERY day. It's crazy how strong the spirit is here!
Ok top 3 for the week:

#1 On thursday last week my comps and I got to go out into the "real" world. HAHA who would have ever thought I would be calling Provo, the "real" world. Sis. Williams had her cardiologist appointment so we went out for that. Good news, she doesnt have to get surgery! And the cardiologist is treating her condition differently so hopefully that will help and she wont have any more episodes. She hasnt had one since that one week I told you about, but still continue to keep her in your prayers.

#2 So two nights ago, we were all getting ready for bed. My companions and I had just had a fun time doing "Tim Tam Slams" which to my family, I highly doubt you have ever heard of Tim Tams before but they are so good! You can get em in Hawaii and Austrailia, prob other places to. And they are like this chocolate cookie, and its called a slam because you dip it in hot chocolate and suck the hot choco through to fill the cookie up and then eat it. Ok hard to explain. But they are amazing! I think I may be addicted lol. Anywho, so sister Litza's comp was in our room getting one...and then Sis williams was like "where is sis. litza?"....all of us being surprised of course that Litza wasnt in our room at this time of great fun! So, then Sis Miller was like..."she's prob in the closet or something" kinda just making a joke. And I, being the over paranoid self that I am...was like...."Probably!" and decided to go check. Without andy sign of warning as I was about 2 ft from opening one of the closet doors Litza popped out and scared me half to death!! I screamed at the top of my lungs! Anf family you know how hard it is to scare me that good. But it was legit! And so hillarious! Prob one of the funniest things thats happened here! Hey, at least my comps got the chance to see how I may scream like a little girl if you are lucky enough to scare me that good. It was a good time. Props to Litza!

#3. Elder L. Tom Perry came to speak at our devotional last night! It was amazing and I officially think he is the cutest little (big) man ever! I was surprised at how tall he was. He talked about the Book of Mormon, and how we need to study from it daily. Ponder it. Study it with our comps. etc. But then he related that to studying it throughout the rest of our lives. Personally and with our eternal companions and families. He said that "when we prayerfully study from the book, no matter how many times we have read it, that a POWER will begin to flow into our lives and that we will be able to have the strength to endure through trials and the strength to be obedient to ALL of God's commandments." I know that this is true and I have learned so much from the scriptures it is amazing! I am developing a deeper love and understanding for the Bible as well! The Bible and the BOM support each other and it is amazing to see how they relate. I love it!

Ok, well unfortunately top 3 is all I have time to share for today. But I want to close with my testimony like I always do of course :) I want you to know that I KNOW that this church is true! There is not a doubt in my mind that it is true. I know that every one of God's children can come to know this for themselves, if they sincerly ask God in prayer with pure intent and a sincere heart, if it is true. If the BOM is true, if Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God called for this the last dispensation of times before Christ comes again. I know that the Lord will manifest the truth unto them that ask through the power of the Holy Ghost. The Bible testifies of the 7 dispensations and of Joseph Smith. Read Isaiah 29- in there it talks about Joseph Smith and the coming forth of the BOM. I KNOW that we are here now, in the last dispensation. These are the last days. WE are God's Royal army. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. A witness to the world, that I know He lives. I know that He is the life and the way to true eternal happiness. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and knows are name and all the desires of our hearts. I know that the Priesthood has been restored to the earth, and gives us the power to act in God's name. I am so grateful for the Atonement, and I use it every day. I pray that we all will try a litttle harder, to be a little better, each and every day. I love you all and am so grateful to be serving the Lord and God's children.

Con Mucho Amor,

Sister V

No comments:

Post a Comment