Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Through His Stripes We Are Healed

May 11th 2010

My testimony of the Atonement has grown so much since coming here. I know that the Atonement encompases everything, including the times when we are feeling very weak and all alone. We can be strengthened and feel of our Savior's love through the healing power of the Atonement. The advesary understands the potential we all have, and that is why he will stop at nothing to discourage us or lead us astray. He uses all sorts of cunning devises; but I know that although he has the power to bruise our heal, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we have the power to crush his head. I urge you that if ever at a moment you are feeling discouraged or dismayed, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY. The Lord will heal you, he will lift you, and bear the burden in which you feel is weighing down on you.

Heavenly Father knew this life wouldn't be easy. We knew this life wouldn't be easy. We all fought in the war in heaven, by the power of our testimonies, and we won! We know this because we are here now, with a body, learning and growing every step of the way; and being put to the test. We knew in the pre-earth life that we would face challenges, but we were so excited that by being given the chance to gain a physical body; we could literrally BECOME like our Heavenly Father. We each have divine heritage and divine potential to become Kings and Queens in the Celestial Kingdom; to live in the presence of our God forever and with our families for the eternities.

We are so blessed to have the gospel; to have the blessings of the teachings given to us by our parents, our church leaders, the scriptures, the temple, etc. We are so blessed to be able to know about the Atoning sacrafice of the savior; to know the plan that God has for each and every one of His children. We are all a part of this plan; and by our faith, by our diligence, and our obedience, we will be blessed with eternal life. I know these things are true with all that I have. I wish I could shout it to the rooftops; and that every single person that I LOVE could feel of my conviction in my voice and in my words when I say, I KNOW that this church is true! I KNOW that God lives and that Jesus Christ is thr true and living son of God. The only Begotten who's soul purpose was to make it possible for us, GOD'S CHILDREN, to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again.

Every day we have here in this earthly existence is a measure of our determination and our desire to be better. Every day we either live up to our eternal potential or fall short. The beautiful blessing of it all, though, is that even in times when we do fall short, we have been given the gift of the Atonement. I know that through His stripes we can be healed!

I know that me coming on this mission was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life. I know I am here, because I am supposed to be, and I am so grateful for the whisperings and promptings of the spirit that lead my path to here. My entire outlook on life has changed. I am NOT the same person who I was before I left, and I know that. Every day I am being refined, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Everyday I am being perfected and molded into that eternal being I have the divine potential to become. I am becoming a true disciple of Christ and witness of Him. I know that He loves you and understands what you are going through every second of every day. This church is true!

In other good news, I will share with you real briefly the amazing week I have had while here. First, sunday Sheri Dew spoke to us in Relief Society!!!! I LOVE HER!! She is the most amazing woman! And I also got to meet her afterwords and she gave me a hug :) I really feel almost like I met one of my heroes. Then, what an amazing week to go out! last night ELDER HOLLAND came to speak to us at the devotional! OH MY GOODNESS! He is one of my absolute favorites! The way he speaks with so much passion and boldness; ooo I love it! I took like 6 pages of notes in my journal! Definitelty the best talk ever. I wish I had more time to share all what I loved from his talk but I will have to share more either on tape or via letter. He is amazing though! I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to hear from him while I've been here in the MTC. Definitely one of the highlights of my last 9 weeks!

So I leave Monday, 5 am from here to the airport. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment