Sunday, August 29, 2010

Best Expect More Miracles

August 16th 2010

How is it going for everyone?!!What a blessing it is for us to be able to recognize that God truly does hear and answer our prayers. What amazes me the most about all the good news you shared, was that all of us in the fam had been praying for the same thing and really didn't even realize it until afterwards. What did I tell ya....first come the trials, and then come the BLESSINGS!! I hope each of you can remember that as trials will surely come again, but just know that if we are faithful and obedient, the Lord will never leave us to stand alone. It is like what Helaman 5:12 says. I know that when we build our foundation on the Savior, we cannot fall when the Devil sends forth his mighty storm to beat us down. Your testimonies have strengthened my own testimony of the principle of obedience. In reading your letter Mom, it brought tears to my eyes and I could feel the spirit bear an even stronger witness to me that Heavenly Father does love each of us and He hears our prayers. I have poured my heart out in gratitude to Him, and continually am placing my TRUST in Him that He will watch over you and bless your lives. It gives me an even stronger motivation every day as I start my day out on my knees, pleading with the my Heavenly Father to give me the strength, faith and determintation to do His will and to find His children who are ready to receive the gospel!

The gospel is pretty much amazing isn't it?!! Yes, I know! Every day, my testimony continues to grow and I feel myself maturing spiritually in ways that I had never imagined. This week has been a fantastic week! We had to AMAZING baptisms on Saturday night~! Both Neftali and Koty were baptized and pretty much the entire ward came out to support them. We had so many people there that we had to do the service in the Chapel and then move into the baptismal font room just for the baptisms. The Spirit was so powerful and I feel so incredibly blessed that the Lord allowed me to play a small part in helping them come unto Him and take upon His name. Both Koty and Neftali are powerful examples to me; they have strong testimonies and desire to do what is right! It is such an amazing experience to be able to watch them enter the waters of baptism and then enter onto the straight and narrow path that will lead us all to the Celestial Kingdom! I hope to see everyone there someday! I know that if we remain true to our covenants and remember to always take upon ourselves the name of Christ, and live in a way that is closest to His exemplary life, then we can return to live in the presence of our God again someday. Remember family, that this life is truly but a small moment. When looking into the eternities, we are so blessed to be able to have our time here on earth, to learn and grow in ways we otherwise would not have been able to had we not gained the precious gift God has given us of having a body. Every day, I understand even clearer the healing and strengthening power of the Atonement. I also know that without pain, we cannot come to know joy. We must needs have opposition in all things. The greatest part about that though is the role that the Atonement plays in each and every one of our lives. We MUST rely upon the merits of Him who is mighty to save. We must do our part to become clean from the mistakes we've made and to be healed from the wounds we may have. I know that it is only through our Savior's infinite Atonement that we can be saved. He loves us and He knows each one of us by name. He understands EXACTLY what it is we are going through at the very moment we are going through it. He has blessed us to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, to comfort us, to lead us, and to help us grow. I know that our Heavenly Father reaches out to us every day in love, by the many blessings He pours out upon us. Often times, they show their love for us through the people around us. He blesses us to have families, wherein we can build relationships that will last through the eternities and come to learn of His infinite love for us. The gospel of Jesus Christ, truly blesses families~! And I know that it is within the home, that the greatest missionary work could ever be done!

What a blessing it is for me to be here on my mission! Never in my life will I be given the opportunity again to be fully consecrated to the Lord and to building up the kingdom of God. Essentially, we all play a crucial role in building the kingdom and in missionary work, even when we aren't wearing a name tag. But, this truly is such a special opportunity that I have now, to give my heart 100% to the Lord and to truly be a vessel and an instrument in which He can perform HIs miracles through in order to bring His other children back into His Kingdom. We are all on a journey in this life, and what a blessing it has been for me to be able to find JOY in this part of my personal journey. Always remember WHO you are as a literal child of God. Rememember your worth is infinitely great in the sight of God. And better yet, remember who each of you have the divine potential to become! Trust in the Lord, and He will open up the doors for you in which you were destined to enter. Count your many blessings and remember to always rely on Him to help you along this straight and narrow path. Hold to the rod with both hands, and never let go. I know this church is true with all my heart and it is something that I know I could never deny. If ever it were asked of me, I would stand even as Abinadai and go to my grave standing as this special witness of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He is my personal Savior and Redeemer. And I know that this is truly His work and it is His kingdom we are building upon the earth today to help prepare us for the time He will come again to personally minister and be the King over all the earth! The good word is true, and I will stop at nothing until I have done all I can do to help push this work along. I am giving my heart 100% to the Lord, and trusting in Him to work miracles within and through me, to bless the lives of His other children.

All that being said, its safe to say that due to a number of different events that have happened over the last week our entire Wenatchee stake is in store for some amazing miracles these next 5 weeks! We are working at an even higher pace, and at an even higher standard. All of us missionaries who are here in the Wenatchee zone. We have some incredulous goals, but have been confirmed by the Lord that we can accomplish them if we place our full trust in Him. I know this to be true. So, don't be surprised if you hear some crazy stroies in the coming 5 weeks of this transfer! I know there is a lot that is about to happen. I can feel it in my soul, and I can feel it in every step that I take forward. This part of the vineyard has truly been prepared, and we are the missionaries blessed enough to be here to begin reaping the harvest! Oh, I love this work!

Other news, we have a baptism on THursday. Parker Bromiley. He is from a less-active family that recently has been coming back into the church. He is 9 and we have been teaching him for a few weeks now. We're excited for him and for how this will help the family continue to grow in their faith.Also, we are deperately looking for a family to teach and to bring into the gospel. Please pray specifically for that these coming weeks. We know there is a family out here, we just have to FIND them.The good word is true. Read from the Book of Mormon daily. It will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment