Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Destiny

June 14th 2010

Well it is the blessed time of preparation day yet again. Today has already been quite eventful in itself; this morning after cleaning and starting our laundry Sister Naylor and I decided to go on a bike ride along the Wenatchee river front. It was so beautiful and such a relaxing day. Two of the Elders in our district went with us. It was pretty fun and humorous trying to fit 4 bikes onto the back of our car on the bike rack. My bike is very similar to a beach cruiser structure, so it was difficult to put it on the rack. We did it though; and with our cute little car drove to the bike trail. Since we have a car in this area full time, we dont use our bikes too much. At least not for missionary work. As long as we stay within our miles, we're golden. I do love my bike though; it's pretty. So any chance we get to take out, we're going to :)

This last week was amazing! We had 2 baptisms and confirmations! Found a couple new investigators, did lots of service, had some amazing dinners, and even went hiking up Sadlerock before sunrise on Saturday morning! Of the latter, our lovely hike up Sadlerock...we went with the Wells family (Sister Wells is kind've like our Mom here, she had us over for dinner twice this week...and I'll be honest, I probably gained 5 pounds both times haha) Her food is amazing! She bakes lots of sweets and then sends us home with all of it; which is no bueno haha. Considering it isn't my intention to gain 80 pounds in my first transfer haha. So, we've been giving the goodies to the Curry's and the Elders. But, of course, I do keep some of the yummy cookies.

Anyway, so Saturday morning we woke up at 4:30 am and drove to the point of hiking up Saddlerock mountain. It took us about an hour to get to the top, and it was sooooo beautiful. Pictures wont even begin to accurately depict how beautiful it was, but I'll send some soon. Then of course, the highlights of the week would include our 2 baptisms. Jackie's baptism was on Thursday and the spirit was so strong throughout! Jackie has a tender spot in my heart, and since we knew she likes music, I decided to sing a musical number at her baptism (also at SIster Naylor's suggestion as well). I sang "I Stand All Amazed" and acappella none the less. She really enjoyed that and many of the people after the baptism came up to me afterwards and commented on how much stronger the spirit came into the room while I was singing. I'm no professional singer by any means, but I enjoyed it. I know that it is something I want to pursue when I get home, maybe take voice lessons or something. Music truly is a testimony of the soul. Andres' baptism went good as well. We had a great turnout from the branch; much more than we were expecting. And it was really cool to see all the support.

I do know without a doubt that everything happens for a reason. Although at times we may not fully understand the reason, I know that as we place our trust in Him He will direct our paths. If we trust Him; He will lead us to be in the right place at the right time. I know that is why I am here on my mission now. Never in my life have I felt so right about the timing of everything. As I've reflected back, I've really began to recognize the times the Lord's hand has been in my life. As I learned to heed to His will, He led me here. I know now, better than ever, that this is where I'm meant to be at this time. In the beautiful Wenatchee valley, with my companion Sister Naylor, and in the Spanish Branch.Although some days are hard; and some even harder than others, I am learning so much. I am growing in ways I'd never imagined. I can feel my Savior's love for me, even when I feel very inadequate. This is His work; and I know that as we are obedient and faithful, He will continue to mold me into an effective instument for this work. I hope I can do all that I can to always be intune with the spirit. I know that there are SPECIFIC people out there, who I am meant to bring the beautiful message of the gospel to, and who I am determined to find. I know this church is true with all my soul. I will stand firm in my conviction until the day I die; and even then, I will continue to stand firm in my testimony in the next life. I know that we all can return to live in the presence of God again someday. As each of us strive to be a little more obedient, a little more faithful, and a little better at doing the so called "little things" like going to church, reading the scriptures, and praying....we will have the tools necessary to gain eternal life and exaltation.I'm grateful for every single one of you. You bring me so much strength. I know that as each of you continue to set goals and aspire to reach your divine potential, the Lord will give you the strength and understanding to get through any adversity in this life. We can do it! We can make it! I believe in every one of you and pray for you daily. Look toward the temple and have the faith that everything will work out in the end! I love you.

Quote of the day: " Work without vision is dreary; Vision without work is dreamy; but when we strive to have both, we find our Destiny." -Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment